By Spaceship Media
Alameda Local is a project created by Spaceship Media to support respectful dialogue about divisive community issues and to provide information to support these conversations.
Do you want to be part of a respectful, fact-supported conversation about the issues and topics that matter to the Alameda community? Join the conversation on Facebook.
Local News Stories
- ABC 7: California lawmakers to vote on bill after deal reached to prevent evictions
- NBC Bay Area: Alameda, Contra Costa Counties Begin Easing Virus Restrictions
- KRON 4: Businesses to resume outdoor services in Alameda County
- Mercury News: Alameda mayor’s address -- Remember tips to stay safe in smoky air
- Patch: Adopting A Dog Amid COVID-19 In Alameda
- Air Quality Tracker
- “Alameda Strong” Community Fund for Emergency Business Relief Grants
- COVID-19 Testing in Alameda
- Alameda.Gov Commercial Streets Program
- Alameda.Gov COVID-19 Tenant Resources
- Alameda.Gov COVID-19 Alerts
- County Health Department: COVID-19 Resources
- City Data
- City Departments
- Crime Tracker: Police Department
- Education: Unified School District
- Alameda Family Services
- Domestic Violence Resources for Alameda County
- SeeClickFix: Report a Problem
STORIES RELEVANT TO Alameda
- KRON 4: Marsh Fire burns 1,775 acres in Alameda County
- Patch: 50K Gallons Of Raw Sewage Spill Into Oakland Estuary Amid Outage
- ABC 7: Bay Area braces for weekend heat wave after being hit by rolling blackouts amid record-breaking temps
- KPIX 5: State Power Officials Lift Rolling Outage Order; Electricity Being Restored To Bay Area Neighborhoods
- ABC 7: 23 Alameda Co. nursing facilities failed staffing requirements
Reporting about Alameda
Erica Anderson is thrilled to join the Spaceship Media team. She is a recent graduate of the Social Journalism program at the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism. Erica spent the last two years working in news deserts with underserved communities. Before she was a journalist, Erica was a filmmaker and producer and co-founded a start-up for crowdfunding and distribution platform for independent film based in Los Angeles and NYC.
Michael Waldman is a life-long resident of Alameda and a rising sophomore at UCLA excited to join the Spaceship team. A graduate of Alameda High School in 2019, his journalistic experience ranges from editor-in-chief of his high school yearbook to assistant Sports editor at UCLA's Daily Bruin, after spending this past year as a Women's basketball beat writer. He loves the A's, 49ers, and Warriors, and can be seen on the average day taking care of his guinea pig, Marshmallow.
Adriana García is Director of Innovation at Spaceship Media. During a JSK fellowship at Stanford in 2017, she focused on ways for news to reach underserved populations. Previously, she was a visual journalist and manager at The Times-Picayune where she was part of the Pulitzer Prize-winning team for coverage of Hurricane Katrina. She lives in New Orleans with her husband and daughter. They frequently visit Nani and Tati in Douglas where they climb D Hill to look for cows.
Eve Pearlman is a life-long journalist with an interest in building communities, supporting meaningful conversation, and providing the people the information they need to be active participants in democracy. Before launching Spaceship Media in 2016, she was a reporter and columnist for the Alameda Journal from 2005 until 2010 when she launched Alameda Patch. She has also worked with news and social media start-ups. She has happily made her home in Alameda since 2000, and is the proud mom of two college-age young adults, both of whom are excellent writers and reporters. [email protected]